May 17, 2019
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Enjoy this Indian-spiced pulao with Zarrein’s Shrimp Curry.
Yield: Serves 4
- On medium-high heat in medium saucepan, heat oil. When oil is shimmery, add cumin seeds. Sauté for 30 seconds, or until slightly brown and fragrant.
- Add onion, leek and garlic, and sauté on medium heat for 4 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- To saucepan add rice, allspice and cinnamon stick. Fry, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until rice is coated in oil.
- Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and has absorbed liquid.
- Remove from heat and let stand for five minutes. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with almonds and fluff with fork.
House & Home April 2019