Laura Calder’s Best Bread StuffingRecipe By: Laura Calder
Total Time: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
For the best stuffing, make good-quality bread crumbs. Break up dried bread slices and pulse in the food processor.
- 4 cups large, dried bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, plus more as needed
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 tbsp dried summer savory
- 1 tbsp dried sage
Directions Yield: Makes 4 cups
- Toss bread crumbs with butter until they feel slightly moist and sticky. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Spoon into baking dish and cover with foil. Place in oven for about 25 minutes, while turkey rests, until heated through.