October 27, 2016
Laura Prepon’s Stracciatella Soup
Yield: Serves 1
Basic Chicken Broth
Prep Chicken & Vegetables
- Place chicken in large slow cooker.
- Rinse carrots, celery, onion, garlic and herbs.
- Chop off and discard ends of carrots and celery, then chop into large chunks. Chop off and discard ends of onion, peel off outside layer, and chop onion into big chunks. Slice head of garlic in half. (These don’t have to look perfect. The less time you spend, the better!) Add to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle herbs, salt and pepper on top. Cover with water to 2″ above chicken.
- Set slow cooker on high and cook about 12 to 15 hours. You want a slow simmer; adjust heat accordingly.
- When broth is finished, allow to cool slightly. Pour broth through strainer into another large bowl.
- Transfer strained broth to container and store in fridge.
- Heat broth.
- Drop egg and spinach into it.
- Stir until broth is hot and egg is cooked.
- Eat soup with your meal.
From The Stash Plan by Laura Prepon and Elizabeth Troy. Copyright 2016 by Laura P. Enterprises Inc. and Emmett LLC. Reprinted by permission of Touchstone, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, Inc. On sale 3/1/2016 wherever books are sold.