Mint SailsRecipe By: Amy Rosen
These one-bite brownies deliver deep chocolate flavor with a surprising minty hit!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1-oz. squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp 2% milk
- 1⁄4 tsp peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, about 3 drops (optional)
- 1 oz. square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease an 8 inch x 8 inch pan.
2. To make brownies, cream butter and sugar together until smooth, then add eggs and beat well. Add vanilla and blend in melted chocolate, then stir in flour until just blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. To make icing, combine icing sugar with butter, milk and mint extract, beat well, then add food coloring, if using, and stir. Spread over cooled brownies and let set.
4. For the decorative finish, melt unsweetened chocolate with butter and drizzle over in a crosshatched pattern. Chill until firm, then cut into squares.