Brunch Recipe: Montecito’s FrittataRecipe By: Chef Matt Robertson
Executive Chef Matt Robertson of Montecito in Toronto shares a delicious frittata recipe that’s perfect for a homemade brunch. Prep ingredients in advance so you can whip it up in a flash to feed a hungry crowd.
- 10 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g caramelized onions
- 1 whole cooked potato, diced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 300g mixed wild mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (optional)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF. Whisk eggs in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a large oven-safe non-stick or cast iron pan over high heat to the point that it’s smoking. Add oil then eggs. Stir in onions, potatoes, chilies, mushrooms and parsley. Transfer pan to oven and bake until the top is golden, about 10–15 minutes.
- Remove to a rack and allow to cool. Serve with parmesan and sour cream if desired.