August 2, 2023
Nutty Chocolate Ganache Tart
“This tart is the dessert equivalent of the movie The Notebook. It seems basic on the surface, but if you look deeper, you’ll find yourself an instant classic that’s impossible to resist.” – Salad Pizza Wine
Yield: Makes 12-inch tart
- Preheat oven and prepare pan: Place rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350°F. Lightly butter 12-inch removable-bottom tart pan and line bottom with round of parchment paper.
- Make crust: Add nuts to food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add sugar and salt and pulse again to combine. Drizzle in melted butter and pulse until nuts begin to clump together and mixture looks sandy. Transfer mixture to pan and use your hands to firmly and evenly press into bottom and up sides of pan (it doesn’t need to come all the way up sides). Bake crust until it turns golden brown, about 15–20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make ganache: Place chocolate in medium bowl. In small pot, heat cream until just beginning to simmer. Immediately pour over chocolate and let sit, undisturbed, for 5 minutes. Add butter and mix with spatula until mixture becomes smooth and glossy.
- Assemble and chill: Pour ganache into crust and, using an offset spatula, smooth out any bubbles. Chill in fridge, uncovered, until set, at least 1 hour.
- serve: Remove tart from pan and transfer to plate. Sprinkle top with flaky sea salt. Slice tart into wedges with hot knife for clean cut. Tart can be made 1 day ahead and stored, covered, in fridge.
Excerpted from Salad Pizza Wine by Janice Tiefenbach, Stephanie Mercier Voyer, Ryan Gray and Marley Sniatowsky. © 2023 Janice Tiefenbach, Stephanie Mercier Voyer, Ryan Gray, and Marley Sniatowsky. Photographs by Dominique Lafond. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved