Shortbread CrispsRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Whether savory or sweet, crispy shortbreads are the perfect side for chilled soup. Pair with our recipe for Strawberry Soup.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Stir dry ingredients, then put aside. Beat butter until fluffy, then mix in dry mixture.
- Shape dough into a ball, then press into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll dough to 1/4″ thickness. Cut into 2″ rounds or diamond shapes.
- Bake on an engrossed baking tray, 20 minutes.