Sweet Potatoes With Pumpkin Seed PestoRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 25 minutes
As an alternative, you can roast the sweet potatoes whole, then make a cut down the center and spoon in the pesto like a baked potato.
- 1 cup pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread pepitas on baking sheet and cook until toasted, about 4 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let cool.
- To food processor add seeds, parsley, garlic and chili flakes. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to bowl and add oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F. Chop potatoes into 2-inch pieces and spread on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and rub potatoes to coat. Cook for 12 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until potatoes are tender and golden, another 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
Assemble & Reserve
- Spoon pesto over warm potatoes while still on baking sheet, reserving some pesto. Toss to coat, then transfer potatoes to serving dish with separate bowl of reserved pesto on the side.