October 3, 2019
Charred Brussels Sprouts On Parmesan Cream
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Simplify your Thanksgiving feast by making the Parmesan Cream the day before. To soften, heat slowly in the microwave or in a pot over low heat, stirring often.
Yield: Serves 6
Make Parmesan Cream
- In medium pot on high heat, bring cream to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer 5 minutes to thicken.
- Whisk in Parmesan. Simmer another 5 minutes, whisking often, or until thick and smooth (sauce should yield about 1 3⁄4 cups). Add a few cracks of black pepper and nutmeg. Season with salt to taste. Remove from heat.
Cook Brussels Sprouts
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add brussels sprouts and cook for 4 minutes to soften. Drain and rinse with cold water. Spread sprouts on paper towel-lined tray to dry.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough brussels sprouts to form single layer, cut-side down, in pan. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until charred. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining brussels sprouts, adding more oil if necessary.
- Return all sprouts to skillet and add garlic, shallots and thyme. Cook until aromatics are soft, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble & Serve
- On platter, spread Parmesan Cream, top with brussels sprouts and serve.