October 3, 2019
Calvados Apple & Ricotta Parfait
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
The apple brandy makes this recipe rich and delicious, but if you prefer not to use alcohol, substitute with apple cider and a drop or two of good-quality vanilla extract.
Yield: Serves 6
Make Ricotta Cream
- Using electric mixer, in large bowl beat whipping cream with icing sugar until soft peaks form. Stir in ricotta, lemon juice, zest and vanilla until combined. Reserve in fridge.
- Core and slice apples into 1-inch pieces, leaving skin on.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter with honey. Cook, swirling pan occasionally, until mixture turns an amber colour and is foamy, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in apples. Reduce heat to medium and partially cover skillet. Let simmer until apples are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and add Calvados, lemon juice and salt. Cook 3 to 4 more minutes, or until liquid has turned syrupy. Remove from heat and let cool until lukewarm.
Assemble & Serve
- In each of 6 serving glasses, spoon two heaping spoonfuls of apples, then add 3 heaping tablespoons of ricotta and top with remaining apples.
- Serve each parfait with puff pastry cookie.