February 12, 2019
Trish’s Hello Dolly Squares
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
“This is my all-time favourite dessert,” says Parts & Labour chef Matty Matheson of his wife Trish’s Hello Dolly squares. “Fresh out of the oven, it’s to die for — a perfect storm of molten chocolate chips, crunchy coconut and graham cracker — but it’s still delicious the next day, too, when the squares are firm.”
Yield: 16 squares
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat butter in microwave long enough to melt but not bubble, about 45 seconds.
- In large bowl, stir butter with graham crackers, then press into 9-inch-square baking pan. Sprinkle 1⁄2 cup each of chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and walnut (if using) on top of graham cracker crust, then sprinkle on 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut. Top with remaining chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and walnuts.
- Pour condensed milk evenly over top and garnish with remaining coconut
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until condensed milk starts to bubble and coconut browns.
- Let cool for 30 minutes or until room temperature. Serve with cold milk (preferably 3.25% homogenized).