Watermelon CocktailRecipe By: Jackie Kai Ellis
Jackie Kai Ellis, owner of Beaucoup Bakery & Cafe in Vancouver, shares her Watermelon Cocktail recipe.
- 1 jalapeño
- 6 oz. mezcal (about 3⁄4 cup)
- 3 cups ice, plus more for serving
- 5 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- flesh, puréed in blender
- 6 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup maraschino liqueur
- 6 lime wedges, for garnish
- 6 watermelon wedges, for garnish
Directions Yield: Makes 6 cocktails
- Slice jalapeño pepper into 1⁄8″-thick rounds and place in a jar with mezcal to infuse overnight.
- For one cocktail, mix together 1⁄2 cup ice, 1 oz. (2 tbsp) jalapeño-infused mezcal, 4 oz. (1⁄2 cup) watermelon juice, 1⁄2 oz. (1 tbsp) lime juice, 1 oz. (2 tbsp) maraschino liqueur and shake. Strain drink into glass filled with fresh ice cubes and garnish with wedges of lime and watermelon.