Ask a Mixologist: Sparking Elderflower Cocktail
Gianluca Passuello of Toronto’s BarChef shares the recipe for his Sparkling Elderflower Cocktail.
Q: I had an elderflower-flavored cocktail at BarChef in Toronto that was bubbly and delicious. I’d love to make it at home; can you get me the recipe? — Nicole, Toronto
A: This balanced cocktail starts with house-made elderflower-infused “shrub” syrup. The floral base is then grounded by St-Germain Elderflower liqueur, sparkling cava and a dash of sherry. Garnished with ribbons of celery, the finished drink tastes like spring in a glass.
Send your questions to [email protected]
Yield: Makes one cocktail
Make Celery Bitters
- Place all components in jar, label and date accordingly. Let infuse for 2 months.
- Fine-strain and transfer to bottle.
- Place all ingredients in pot and transfer to stove, bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Fine-strain ingredients, transfer to sealable container and store in fridge.
- To rocks glass add vodka, St-Germain Elderflower liqueur, sherry, Celery Bitters and Elderflower and Fennel Shrub.
- Place ice chunk in glass, then add two drops of absinthe and top with cava.
- Garnish with curled ribbon of celery and enjoy!
Courtesy of BarChef
House & Home May 2022