Chef Lynn Crawford’s Grilled Flatbread RecipeRecipe By: Lynn Crawford
Celebrity chef Lynn Crawford shares her recipe for Grilled Flatbread With Parsley Pesto, Tomatoes & Goat Cheese.
Chewy, smoky and piled with fresh bounty, this pizza rustica takes the edge off during cocktail hour. This recipe calls for fresh pizza dough, which is generally sold in 1 1⁄2-lb. bags — just divide the dough into three and freeze one of the portions for another use.
- 2 8-oz. portions pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for rolling
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves, lightly packed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 lb. mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1⁄4 lb. goat cheese, crumbled
- Place pizza dough on lightly floured work surface. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rest until it comes to room temperature, 1 to 2 hours.
- On floured work surface, roll and lightly stretch each portion of dough to form 2 rectangular flatbreads roughly 5″ x 14″. Place on floured tray. Cover with plastic wrap. Rest 30 minutes.
- To make pesto, purée ingredients in food processor. Transfer to airtight container. Refrigerate up to 1 week.
- In medium bowl, mix tomatoes with oil. Season to taste.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Oil grate. Carefully transfer flatbreads from tray to grill. Grill until lightly charred and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill. Spread pesto over flatbreads and top with tomato mixture, arugula and goat cheese.