Vegan Cream Soup With Pear, Spinach & SageRecipe By: Geneviève Plante
Try this Vegan Cream Soup With Pear, Spinach & Sage recipe from the cookbook Vert Couleur Persil.
Since she started her food blog Vert Couleur Persil in 2014, chef Geneviève Plante has always had a passion for beautiful cuisine. Her third book is filled with simple recipes with a focus on fresh, organic ingredients and a zero-waste ethos. Although the cookbook is only available in French, she translated this delicious soup recipe just for House & Home!
- 1 generous drizzle of grapeseed oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp herbes salées (a traditional Quebec seasoning)
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 3 Bartlett pears, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 dozen fresh sage leaves
- 1 large handful of fresh curly parsley, chopped
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup soy-based cream
- Generous amount of ground pepper
- 70 g (1/2 cup) raw hazelnuts, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 1 drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, salted herbs, pepper and stir for about 10 seconds.
- Add the spinach, pears, lemon juice, sage and parsley and sauté for about 1 minute. Pour in the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Pour into a food processor, add the soy cream and purée until smooth.
- Pour into bowls, garnish with hazelnuts, drizzle with oil, pepper and serve.