Curried Chicken SandwichRecipe By: Rosie Daykin
Try this Curried Chicken Sandwich recipe from Rosie Daykin’s new cookbook Let Me Feed You.
Butter’s curried chicken has always proven to be one of the most popular lunch options at the bakery, especially when stuffed inside one of our flaky croissants.
- 2 chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large stalk celery, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped walnut pieces
- 1 small green apple with skin, finely chopped in 1⁄2″ pieces
- 1 green onion, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tsp curry powder (depending on how strong you like it)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 homemade or store-bought croissants
- Microgreens (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken skin-side up on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until starting to brown and firm to touch. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest until cool enough to handle.
Prepare Chicken Salad
- Remove skin and pull chicken from bone. Using large knife, cut meat into small cubes, about 1⁄2-inch square. Place chicken in large bowl.
- Add celery, cranberries, walnuts, apples, green onions, mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon zest, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, and stir to combine. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour prior to serving to allow flavours to meld.
- Store prepared curried chicken, covered, in refrigerator, for up to 3 days. To serve, cut open croissant, lightly butter, and top with scoop of chicken salad and sprinkle of microgreens.