July 5, 2019
Curried Chicken Sandwich
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
Try this Curried Chicken Sandwich recipe from Rosie Daykin’s new cookbook Let Me Feed You.
Butter’s curried chicken has always proven to be one of the most popular lunch options at the bakery, especially when stuffed inside one of our flaky croissants.
Yield: Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken skin-side up on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until starting to brown and firm to touch. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest until cool enough to handle.
Prepare Chicken Salad
- Remove skin and pull chicken from bone. Using large knife, cut meat into small cubes, about 1⁄2-inch square. Place chicken in large bowl.
- Add celery, cranberries, walnuts, apples, green onions, mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon zest, remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, and stir to combine. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour prior to serving to allow flavours to meld.
- Store prepared curried chicken, covered, in refrigerator, for up to 3 days. To serve, cut open croissant, lightly butter, and top with scoop of chicken salad and sprinkle of microgreens.
This recipe is from Let Me Feed You by Rosie Daykin, Appetite by Random House, 2019.