July 5, 2019
Zucchini And Couscous Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Try this Zucchini And Couscous Salad recipe from Rosie Daykin’s new cookbook Let Me Feed You.
The dressing for this salad can be made a day ahead. Once dressed, store this dish, covered, in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Yield: Serves 6
- Preheat oven to broil on high and line baking sheet with foil. Place oven rack just above center point of oven, as you don’t want baking sheet too close to broiler.
- Lay pepper on its side on prepared baking sheet and place under broiler. Use tongs to turn pepper every 5 minutes or so, until roasted and charred, about 15 minutes. Remove pepper from oven, place in paper bag and fold top to close. Steam for about 15 minutes.
- Remove pepper from bag and use small knife to scrape away skin. Slice pepper open, remove stem and remaining seeds and cut into thin slices. Transfer to large serving bowl.
- Make couscous following package instructions. The 1⁄2 cup uncooked couscous should produce about 2 cups cooked. Allow to cool.
Toast Pine Nuts And Prepare Zucchini
- In small saucepan over medium heat, toast pine nuts until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Make sure to shake pan frequently to turn and evenly toast. Transfer nuts to small plate to cool.
- Using sharp knife or food processor, thinly slice zucchini into disks.
Assemble And Dress Salad
- Add couscous, pine nuts, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, basil and mint to serving bowl with peppers. Using large spoon, toss to combine.
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Dress salad and toss to combine.