Donna Hay’s Cauliflower Pizza With Mozzarella, Kale & LemonRecipe By: Donna Hay
- 8 stalks kale, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 x 125g buffalo mozzarella, torn
- ⅓ cup small basil leaves
Cauliflower Pizza Bases
- 6 cups cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
Directions Yield: Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 400°F. To make the cauliflower pizza bases, lightly grease 2 x 30cm round pizza trays and line with non-stick baking paper. Place the cauliflower, in batches, in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the almond meal, parmesan, egg, salt and pepper and mix until a soft dough forms. Divide the mixture in half and press into the prepared trays. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Place the kale, oil, garlic, chilli and lemon zest in a bowl and toss to coat. Divide the mixture between the bases and top with the parmesan. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until the kale is crisp. Top each pizza with mozzarella and basil to serve.