March 16, 2018
Grilled Radicchio And Cauliflower Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- Slice radicchio heads into quarters, lengthwise. Brush with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Heat grill pan or skillet on high heat until almost smoking. Place radicchio cut-side down and grill, 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until slightly charred and softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using large knife or mandoline, slice cauliflower as thinly as possible. Cauliflower will be a mix of larger and smaller pieces.
- In small skillet over medium-high heat, toast hazelnuts 4 to 5 minutes, or until they begin to brown and have a toasted aroma. Remove from heat and place in center of clean dish towel.
- Gather towel ends and vigorously rub hazelnuts to remove skin. Discard skins and roughly chop hazelnuts into large chunks.
- Peel and segment oranges into supremes. (To supreme: With a knife, slice peel from orange and discard. Then, over small bowl, slice out and remove each segment.) Reserve segments and juices separately. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, whisk 1⁄4 cup reserved orange juice with mustard, shallot, salt and pepper. Whisk in remaining 1⁄3 cup olive oil.
- Tear radicchio into bite-sized pieces and place in large bowl. Add cauliflower and gently toss together with half of vinaigrette.
- Transfer to platter. Scatter orange segments and crushed hazelnuts on top. Top with remaining vinaigrette.
Michael Graydon and Nikole Herriott
House & Home February 2018
Tags: Devin Connell