Jack with One EyeRecipe By: Courtesy of A Field Guide to Canadian Cocktails by Scott McCallum and Victoria Walsh
Whisky, coffee and cherry liqueur mingle with mole bitters in this cocktail that’s classic with a twist.
- 1 ½ oz. bourbon or Canadian whisky
- 1 oz. cold- or French-pressed good-quality brewed coffee, chilled
- ½ oz. Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1 barspoon maraschino cherry juice or cherry liqueur
- 1 dash mole bitters
- Handful of ice cubes
- 1 large ice cube
- 1 maraschino cherry, preferably with a stem
Directions Yield: Makes 1 Drink
- Pour all ingredients except ice and cherry into a mixing glass. Add handful of ice cubes and stir until chilled. Strain through a julep strainer over large ice cube in a chilled old-fashioned glass. Serve with a skewered cherry.