Pumpkin ColadaRecipe By: Courtesy of A Field Guide to Canadian Cocktails by Scott McCallum and Victoria Walsh
Inspired by pumpkin festivals in Nova Scotia, this Piña Colada is designed to sip beachside on a crisp fall day.
- 8 oz. dark spiced rum, such as The Kraken Black Spiced Rum or Ironworks Distillery Bluenose Black Rum
- 8 oz. Coconut Pumpkin Butter or 2 tbsp each pumpkin puree and coconut cream
- 6 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 12 dashes Angostura bitters
- 4 heaping cups crushed ice
- 4 store-bought cocktail cherries, for garnish
- Tiny pinches grated nutmeg, preferably freshly grated, for garnish
Directions Yield: Makes 4 Drinks
- Pour all ingredients except garnishes into a blender. Blend and pulse to an icy-slush consistency, pausing to scrape down sides of blender as needed. Pour into 4 chilled collins glasses. Garnish each with a cherry and sprinkle of nutmeg.