Pineapple-Lime IceRecipe By: Eric Vellend
This tropical treat can be made up to two weeks in advance. Just fluff it again with a fork before serving.
- 6 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime zest (for serving)
Directions Yield: Serves 8 to 12
- Place water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk to dissolve sugar. When it comes to a boil, remove from heat. Cool completely.
- Trim, peel and core pineapple. Cut flesh into chunks. (It should yield approximately 6 cups.) Purée pineapple in blender or food processor. Mix in sugar syrup and lime juice. Pour into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Place dish in freezer. After 1 hour, scrape mixture with fork. Continue scraping every 30 minutes until it is completely frozen, fluffy and granular. Transfer to an airtight container.
- Serve in small bowls and top each with lime zest.