Tahini Swirl BrowniesRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Make sure you stir the tahini well before scooping it from the jar to incorporate the oil. For a little crunch, sprinkle the top of the batter with black and white sesame seeds before you pop it in the oven.
- 10 tbsp (1 1⁄4 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch salt
- Position rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 325°F. Grease inside of 8-inch square pan, then line with parchment paper, leaving 1 inch of overhang.
- In medium-to heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat, add butter, sugar, cocoa and salt. Melt mixture, stirring often, until butter and cocoa have fully melted together (the sugar will remain gritty). Remove from heat and let mixture sit until warm.
- Stir vanilla into mixture. Add eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each addition, until batter is shiny and thick. Add flour and stir until incorporated and glossy. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- In medium bowl, whisk tahini with honey and salt. Drizzle over brownie batter. To create a marbled look, run tip of a sharp knife through the tahini.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set. Let cool completely on rack. Cut into 16 pieces.