If Summer Were A SaladRecipe By: Rosie Daykin
Try this If Summer Were A Salad recipe from Rosie Daykin’s new cookbook Let Me Feed You.
Close your eyes and imagine the juice of a ripe nectarine dribbling down your chin, the faint smell of warm earth on tomatoes and the lingering perfume of fresh mint on your hands. Summer tastes good!
- 6 nectarines, quartered and cut in 1⁄4″ slices
- 1 cup fresh English peas
- 2 cups (1 pint) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced watermelon radishes
- 1 cup finely sliced mint
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced basil
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup pea shoots (big handful)
- In large serving bowl, combine nectarine slices, peas, tomatoes, radishes, mint and basil, and gently toss.
- In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Dress salad and gently toss again. Season with more salt and pepper, to taste. Top salad with big handful of pea shoots and serve.