October 22, 2018
Bouq Émissaire Cheese With Sautéed Figs And Walnuts
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/4 hours
If you can’t find this cheese, another semisoft goat’s milk cheese like Grey Owl can be substituted. Allowing the cheese to come to room temperature prior to serving is key to bringing out its flavor — and also makes it perfect for scooping up with a cracker!
Yield: Serves 8
Set Out Cheese
- Allow cheese to rest on platter at room temperature 1 hour prior to serving.
Sauté Figs And Toast Walnuts
- Slice four figs in half lengthwise, then quarter remaining figs. In frying pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil, then add sliced figs. Cook until figs are softened but still retain their shape, about 3 minutes.
- Add molasses, vinegar and sugar to pan. Let sauce begin to bubble, then reduce heat to a simmer. Tilt pan to one side and continuously baste figs until coated and sauce has thickened slightly. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in another pan over medium-low heat. Add walnuts and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add walnuts to figs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon warm figs, walnuts and sauce onto platter with cheese. Serve with crackers.