June 28, 2019
Korean Glazed Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Dry brining these wings ahead helps crisp up the skin and season the meat.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
Plan Ahead: Wings need to dry brine in refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight
Dry Brine Wings
- Combine salt and baking soda, and toss with chicken wings. Place chicken on rack over baking sheet and refrigerate, uncovered, for 8 hours, or overnight.
- In bowl, combine gochujang and soy sauce, and stir until gochujang is fully incorporated. Stir in oils, ginger and garlic.
- Pour 1⁄2 cup of mixture over wings and toss to coat evenly. Add honey to remaining marinade.
- Heat barbecue in order to cook over indirect heat at 425°F.
- Place wings over low element and cook, turning and moving occasionally, for about 40 minutes, or until meat is browned and cooked through.
Glaze And Finish Wings
- Remove wings to bowl and toss with half of remaining glaze. Turn barbecue to medium-high and return wings to grill for 5 more minutes, until caramelized.
- Remove from grill. Brush with remaining glaze and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with wet wipes!