Decorating & Design
November 13, 2019
DIY: Custom Christmas Crackers
Christmas crackers the best because they make great table decorations and you can personalize them by filling them with wonderful treats. You can either use store-bought ones and just swap out the contents, or you can make your own.
What you’ll need:
- Sheets of kraft paper and gold-colored paper (12″ x 12″)
- Cardboard tubes
- White paper to be painted and cut into different shapes for gluing onto crackers
- Glue gun
- Cracker “snappers” (available through Etsy)
- Paper and pen to write custom fortunes
- Favors such as lottery tickets, gift certificates, movie vouchers, key rings, iPhone earbuds, lip gloss, pens or jewelry
1. Paint pieces of white paper with colors of your choice and cut out different shapes to use later.
2. Cut cardboard tubes into 4 1⁄2″-long sections. Thread tubes with cracker snappers, then add fortunes and favors inside each tube.
3. Wrap kraft or gold-colored paper around the tubes and affix with hot glue.
4. Glue the painted paper shapes onto the crackers for a modern art vibe.
5. Cinch the crackers at each end with ribbon