Ginger & Turmeric Energy BallsRecipe By: Eshun Mott
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
These energy balls are so easy to make and so much more flavorful than what you can buy. A great and healthful afternoon pick-me-up!
- 1 1⁄2 cups medium shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup shelled hemp hearts
Directions Yield: Makes 20 1" Balls
Make Energy Ball Mixture
- In food processer, add coconut and process until finely ground and coconut begins to clump together.
- Add cashews and process until finely ground. Add chia seeds, coconut oil, maple syrup, ginger, turmeric, pepper, cinnamon and salt, and process until mixture comes together.
Roll Into Balls
- In shallow bowl, add hemp hearts and reserve.
- Using tablespoon, scoop out portion of mixture and form into 1″-diam. balls, then roll in hemp hearts while still damp. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Transfer energy balls to sealable container in single layer. Eat within a week, or store in refrigerator to keep energy balls fresh longer.