March 4, 2021
Ricardo Larrivee’s Asparagus Quiche
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Try this Asparagus Quiche recipe from Ricardo Larrivee’s new cookbook, Sheet Pan Everything.
Better than a pie dish, a sheet pan lets you use the whole asparagus. Pretty…and delicious!
Yield: Serves 6
- In a food processor, combine the flour and salt. Add the butter and pulse a few times until it forms pea-sized pieces. Add the yogurt and water. Pulse just until the dough starts coming together. Add more water as needed. Remove the dough from the food processor and form into a rectangle.
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough into a 15 x 12-inch (38 x 30 cm) rectangle. Line a small 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) sheet pan with the dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prick the dough all over with a fork. Cover the dough with a piece of foil and fill with dried peas or pie weights.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the peas and foil. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the crust is golden. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the crust. Top with the asparagus.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes oruntil the filling is cooked and the crust is golden. Let rest for 5 minutes before unmolding.
- Cut into long rectangles. Serve as is or with smoked salmon, crème fraîche and dill, or with white ham, mustard and chopped chives, if desired.
Excerpted from Sheet Pan Everything by Ricardo Larrivee. Copyright © 2021 Ricardo Media. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.