March 18, 2021
Stir-Fried Flat Rice Noodles With Sweet Soy Sauce
Try this Stir-fried Flat Rice Noodles With Sweet Soy Sauce recipe from Nuit Regular’s debut cookbook, Kiin.
“This rice noodle dish is one of my favorite vegetarian dishes,” says Toronto chef and cookbook author Nuit Regular. “It’s full of vegetables and tasty noodles that are perfectly complemented by tofu.”
Yield: Serves 2
- In small bowl, combine mushroom oyster sauce, thin soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, white vinegar, cane sugar and water. Stir well and set aside.
- In large wok or skillet over high heat, heat 3 tbsp of sunflower oil. When oil is hot, add tofu and cook until edges turn brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Move tofu slices to one side of wok.
- Add eggs to empty side. Whisk to quickly scramble eggs until fully cooked, 1 to 2 minutes. Move eggs to same side of wok as tofu. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add remaining tbsp of sunflower oil to empty side of wok. When oil is hot, add garlic and sauté until garlic is fragrant, 10 to 20 seconds.
- Add carrots, mushrooms, snow peas, Chinese broccoli, rice noodles and Sauce. Increase heat to high, stir everything together, and sauté until snow peas turn dark green and are soft to touch, 2 to
3 minutes. Sprinkle with chili powder, to taste, and white pepper. Squeeze lime juice, to taste, over top and mix well before serving.
Excerpted from Kiin by Nuit Regular. ©2020 by Nuit Regular. Photography ©2020 by Michael Graydon and Nikole Herriott. Published by Penguin Canada, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.