March 4, 2021
Ricardo Larrivée’s Paella
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Try this Paella recipe from Ricardo Larrivee’s new cookbook, Sheet Pan Everything.
No need to stir the rice. Shocking, right? (We apologize in advance to the purists!)
Yield: Serves 6
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season with pepper.
- Spread out on a non-stick sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring the broth, wine and saffron to a boil. Add the rice. Season with salt. Simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until the rice is al dente and has absorbed almost all of the liquid, stirring often.
- Toss the rice with the chicken on the sheet pan. Using a spatula, spread out in an even layer. Top with the green peas.
- In another bowl, toss the shrimp with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread over the rice on the sheet pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through. Garnish with lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from Sheet Pan Everything by Ricardo Larrivee. Copyright © 2021 Ricardo Media. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.