August 16, 2019
Scandinavian Shrimp Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
A fresh take on the classic combination of shrimp, dill and rye bread.
Yield: Serves 4
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Toss shrimp with salt and baking soda, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In large pan over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil and a third of shrimp. Sauté for 1 minute, or until shrimp are pink and just cooked through. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining oil and shrimp.
- Add smoked paprika to pan for last 30 seconds of cooking, then return all shrimp to pan and toss until evenly seasoned. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- In small bowl, whisk together crème fraîche, mayonnaise, lemon juice and zest.
- In serving bowl, combine shrimp, diced celery and dressing, and toss gently.
- Add celery leaves and dill, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve shrimp salad on lettuce leaves, sprinkling rye crumbles over top.
House & Home August 2019