The Classic MargaritaRecipe By: Amy Rosen
Shaken, not frozen, our margarita cocktail benefits from lots of fresh lime juice, premium tequila and a dash of Grand Marnier — the perfect start to any summer fiesta.
- 11⁄2 oz. top-shelf agave tequila
- 1⁄2 oz. Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 oz. simple syrup
- Kosher salt for garnish (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, shake all ingredients (except salt) with ice.
- Moisten glass rim with cut lime and dip edge in salt.
- Add ice to glass, and strain in margarita. Margaritas can be made ahead in batches, but taste much better when prepared à la minute.
To make simple syrup, combine 1⁄2 cup sugar with 1⁄2 cup water in a small saucepan and simmer until sugar melts, then allow to cool completely. Stores in the fridge for weeks for future cocktail needs.