January 16, 2020
Banana “Corks” With Chocolate Fondue
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
Brandon uses a silicone bouchon or “cork” mould to make these lovely little cakes. Buy the moulds online or use a muffin tin, but you’ll get 14 larger cakes instead of 20 bouchons if using a muffin tin.
Yield: Serves 20
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bouchon moulds or muffin tins well.
- In bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar together with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until well-combined. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Fold in diced bananas.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling to about 1⁄2″ from top of bouchon wells.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until bouchons are golden brown. Allow bouchons to cool fully before popping out of mould or tin (you may need to run edge of knife around bouchons to loosen).
- In medium bowl, add chocolate.
- In medium pot over medium heat, bring cream to a boil, then pour hot cream over chocolate.
- Let mixture sit for 1 minute, then stir, until chocolate is melted. Place mixture in clean, medium pot and keep on low heat until needed.
- Serve bouchons with warm chocolate fondue. Slice fresh pineapple or other fruit for dipping, if desired.