April 16, 2018
Shrimp And Lobster Ravioli In Lemon Cream Sauce
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
A shortcut for this recipe is to purchase frozen lobster meat for the filling; be sure to squeeze out any excess water after thawing.
Yield: Serves 4
- Bring medium pot of salted water to boil. Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes, or until opaque. Remove shrimp from pot.
- Add lobster tails (shells on) to same pot and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Remove and discard shrimp tails and lobster shells. Set aside 2 lobster tails for sauce.
- Finely chop remaining lobster and cooked shrimp, and combine with ricotta and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Lay out 1 rolled length of pasta on floured surface. Starting at one end, score pasta sheet with ravioli cutter (or knife) every 2 1⁄2″ to help guide where you will place filling. Spoon 1 heaping tbsp of filling into center of each ravioli space. Egg wash around outside of filling to prepare for top layer.
- Loosely lay second length of pasta overtop. Working on 1 ravioli at a time, gently press dough down around filling.
- Cut each ravioli. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pasta sheets and filling.
Make Lemon Cream Sauce
- Bring whipping cream to boil in saucepan until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and zest. Reduce heat to low and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep sauce warm.
Cook Ravioli And Assemble Dish
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add ravioli and cook until al dente, 3 to 4 minutes. Scoop out 1⁄2 cup cooking water and reserve. Drain pasta.
- Slice reserved cooked lobster tails into 1″ pieces. Add ravioli and lobster to pan with lemon sauce. Turn to coat. Add reserved cooking water by the tbsp to loosen sauce.
- Divide ravioli between 4 plates. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.