Jamie Oliver’s 5-Ingredient Sticky Lamb ChopsRecipe By: Jamie Oliver
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Try this recipe for Sticky Lamb Chops from Jamie Oliver’s new cookbook, 5 Ingredients: Quick & Easy Food.
- 6 lamb chops, French-trimmed (600 g total)
- 200 g mixed-color baby heritage carrots
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 3 oranges
- 1⁄2 a bunch of fresh thyme (15 g)
- Sea salt and black pepper
Directions Yield: Serves 2
- Score the fat of the lamb chops, season them with sea salt and black pepper, then line them up, like a rack, and sit them together fat edges down in a large shallow casserole pan on a medium-high heat. Leave for 5 minutes to render and crisp up. Trim and add the whole baby carrots (halving any larger ones) and the unpeeled garlic cloves alongside, turning the carrots regularly.
- Gently turn the chops on to their sides, to cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden, but still pink in the middle. Meanwhile, use a speed-peeler to peel strips of zest from 1 orange. Sprinkle them into the pan with the thyme sprigs, and toss it all together for just 30 seconds to get the flavors going.
- Remove the chops to a plate to rest, then squeeze the juice from all 3 oranges into the pan. Let the juice bubble and reduce until sticky, quickly toss the lamb back in with its resting juices, then hey presto, time to dish up.