Gwyneth Paltrow’s Szechuan-Style Green BeansRecipe By: Gwyneth Paltrow
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ pound green beans
- 3 tablespoons olive or peanut oil
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
Directions Yield: Serves 4
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the green beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger, sambal oelek, tamari, sesame oil, and maple syrup to make the sauce.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook just until the water comes back to a boil, about 3 minutes; drain well and dry on a kitchen towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. When the oil is very hot but not smoking, add the green beans and cook until sizzling and beginning to blister, about 3 minutes. Add the sauce, turn off the heat, and let sit for 2 minutes before serving. Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.