Cherry Pie Chia ParfaitsRecipe By: Jeanine Donofrio
Try this Cherry Pie Chia Parfaits recipe from the cookbook Love & Lemons Every Day.
This recipe was originally intended as a breakfast, but as soon as I tried this combo I exclaimed, “This is dessert!” Creamy chia pudding, jammy tart cherries and a crunchy granola topping are great as a midday snack or an after-dinner treat. Tart cherries are known to help with inflammation, so it’s a dessert you can feel good about. Note that tart cherry season is short, so I almost always buy them frozen.
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup gluten-free whole rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 cup frozen tart cherries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flakes (optional)
Make The Chia Pudding
- In a lidded 3- to 4-cup jar, combine the coconut milk, almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Cover and shake to combine. Chill overnight.
Make The Granola
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, cinnamon, and salt. Drizzle in the coconut oil and maple syrup and add the almond butter. Stir until combined. Scoop the granola onto the baking sheet and press the mixture into a 1-inch-thick circle. This will encourage clumping. Bake for 15 minutes, rotate the pan halfway, and use a fork to gently break the granola apart just a bit. Bake for 15 minutes more, or until golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Assemble The Parfaits
- Combine chilled chia pudding, granola and tart cherries into a bowl and sprinkle coconut flakes on top, if desired.