Chipotle BBQ Pulled Carrot Sloppy Joe Sliders
Try these Chipotle BBQ Pulled Carrot Sloppy Joe Sliders from the new cookbook, Naturally, Delicious Dinners.
When you make your own BBQ sauce — which is much easier than you might think — you can control the spice and sweetness level. Any leftover sauce can be stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator to be used later. Also, sweet potatoes and squash are great alternatives to carrots.
Yield: Makes 16 sliders
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss and massage each vegetable separately with salt and olive oil. Spread each vegetable onto prepared tray, keeping them separate, and roast for 15 minutes. Toss each section and cook for additional 10 minutes.
- For sauce, in a small pan, combine the tomato paste, syrup, chipotle powder, garlic powder, vinegar, sea salt, and filtered water. Bring to a simmer and allow to gently bubble for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Split slider buns, and toast in oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Place roasted cabbage in a bowl. Pour sauce over carrots and onions and toss until combined. Place 1/4 cup carrot mixture on each bun and top with 1/4 cup roasted red cabbage. Serve warm.
Recipe excerpt from Naturally, Delicious Dinners by Danny Seo. Reprinted by permission of Gibbs Smith Books.