Toes In The Sand Island Rum PunchRecipe By: Matt Dean Pettit
Try this recipe for Toes In The Sand Island Rum Punch from The Great Shellfish Cookbook.
The combo of dark rum and fruit in this drink gives it a well-balanced sweetness.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups ice cubes, plus extra
- 8 oz dark rum
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Grated fresh nutmeg, for garnish
- 2 limes, quartered, for garnish
Directions Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- Make a simple syrup by adding the sugar to 1/2 cup cold water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until the sugar crystals have completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow the syrup to cool completely. Place 1/4 cup aside for this recipe, and store the rest in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Fill a large pitcher with ice. Add the rum and the reserved simple syrup. Stir to mix well. Add the pineapple juice, coconut water, and thyme. Mix to combine the flavors.
- Set out four to six small rocks glasses and fill each one with ice. Pour the rum punch into the glasses. Garnish each one with a sprinkle of fresh nutmeg on top and a lime wedge. Welcome to vacation mode!