January 8, 2020
Soy- & Hot Honey-Glazed Faux Chicken Sandwich
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Plant-based chicken options are proliferating in the freezer aisle. This faux chicken sandwich is delicious with the addition of an addictive soy glaze and a lightly pickled sesame-laced slaw. Prep the slaw ahead of time, but dress it just before serving. We found Gardein’s faux chicken to have the best flavor and texture.
Yield: Serves 4
Make Glaze & Cook Chicken
- In small pot over medium heat, combine soy sauce, honey, Sriracha and garlic, and bring just to a simmer, whisking occasionally for 2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from heat.
- Follow package directions to cook faux chicken on stovetop or in oven.
- While faux chicken is cooking, in bowl, combine cabbage, cucumber and red onion. Add vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and salt, and toss to coat.
Glaze Chicken & Serve
- Heat broiler on high. Line baking sheet with foil, and coat with a little vegetable oil. Lay faux chicken on baking sheet and brush one side with glaze. Broil for 30 seconds, or until glaze is bubbling. Turn faux chicken over, brush with remaining glaze and broil for 30 more seconds.
- Halve and toast buns, then slather on mayonnaise. Cut faux chicken pieces to fit bottom half of buns, add slaw and top with other half of buns. Eat immediately.