October 3, 2019
Roasted Onion Dip
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
It’s tempting to stir the onions while caramelizing, but be patient and leave them untouched until they take on that rich, dark colour in the pan
Yield: Serves 6
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and onion, and stir to coat. Cook, untouched, for 10 minutes (the bottom of the onion slices will take on a dark color).
- Continue cooking, stirring, for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until onion becomes sweet and caramelized.
- Add wine to pan to deglaze, scraping up brown bits. Cook 1 more minute, or until wine has cooked off. Remove from heat, season lightly with salt and let cool.
- In large bowl, combine sour cream, garlic, herbs, lemon juice and zest. Fold in onions. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with parsley. Serve with assorted vegetables and crackers.