May 17, 2019
Cardamom Panna Cotta
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
If you can’t freshly grind your cardamom with a mortar and pestle, substitute a half teaspoon of ground cardamom instead.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
Plan Ahead: Make panna cotta at least 6 hours before serving so it has time to set.
Make Cream Mixture
- In small bowl, add water and sprinkle gelatin over top. Let stand for 4 minutes.
- Using mortar and pestle, crush and grind cardamom, discarding green husks.
- In medium saucepan, combine cardamom, creams, sugar and salt. Bring mixture just to a boil, then remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and gelatin mixture, and whisk until gelatin has dissolved.
Assemble Panna Cotta
- Divide cream mixture between 4 to 6 ramekins. Top each with plastic wrap and press just into surface of cream to keep skin from forming as it sets. Chill in refrigerator for 6 hours, or overnight.
- When ready, remove plastic, garnish and serve panna cotta in vessels, or unmould by dipping ramekin bases into hot water for a few seconds, then running a thin knife around the edge of each ramekin and inverting onto dessert plate. Top with mango, pistachio and rose petals, and serve.